PDA

View Full Version : Fischer table, When made?

PoolMaster
06-06-2002, 12:31 AM
I have had a Fischer coin op table for a couple of years now and I have never been able to figure out when it was made as the company is now out of business. The Fischer Mfg Co was located in Tipton MO. The town has a website that gives a short history of the Co. It closed its doors in 1976 if I was readin it right .I was just wondering if anybody here knows any way of finding out when this table was made. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

PoolMaster
10-12-2004, 01:52 AM
bump

DEATHTRON
10-12-2004, 02:51 AM
Have no idea, maybe someone else will, bump.

Zach

Rick
10-12-2004, 10:30 AM
I have repaired alot of the Fisher tables and they appear to be at least 30 years old. I don't think this company was in business too long

PoolMaster
10-13-2004, 12:15 AM
http://www.tiptonmo.com/information/8ball.htm

This is all I have been able to find about it .
It is pretty interesting . I emailed the webmaster of the site but he
did'nt know anything further.

audiopro
10-13-2004, 12:33 AM
I've never really thought about it.. But your post reminded me... Now I get them confused, but Ben Franklin, or Thomas Edison (dont ask, I dunno why I confuse them) But I believe I remember hearing that one of them had a pool table in their basement in times when pool was illegal... Wouldn't it be neat to see that table now.. Or some of the other tables owned by historic people. I know pool was a game played by kings a long time ago.. Maybe some of those tables?

Does anyone know, I'm guessing Skor or Rick may, of a site accounting some of the famous tables, players, and other equipment related to the game?

jkregan
01-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Audiopro, I think you are talking about Thomas Jefferson, who had a pool table installed in a hidden room in the dome at Monticello.

audiopro
01-05-2005, 01:10 PM
jkregan, Thats the one! Eek, I really get all those guys mixed up.. Sad I am so bad with US History.

Thanks for clearing that up though! Good to see ya catching up on the posts..

DEATHTRON
01-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Thatd be awesome...secret pool room...me wantee.

d1k@netzero.net
02-19-2005, 12:14 AM
Fisher mfg was sold to Questor (division of Spalding) and ceased manufacturing Under Fischer name in late seventies. Underneath the top (most were one piece marble) on the ball end will be a stenciled mfg date after Fischer co name. mine states:

Fischer 7 72
2358 2638 xxxx xxxx (s/n)
Marble
Ball Spot this end

other end states (on decal):

Genuine Marble
Guaranteed not to Warp
Fischer Mfg. Co.
Tipton, Mo.

PoolMaster
08-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Well this is the first time I have looked at this thread in a few years.
Are you saying it is actually under the marble , or in my case the slate?

JGYC03
03-05-2008, 08:30 PM
I bought a Fischer table wanted to know how old it is and how can I take it apart its a Fischer Empire VIII It has a ball rails instead of pockets if that helps.