PDA

View Full Version : Aramith Super Pro vs Elephants Beautiful Balls?

bobmcq11
02-11-2005, 09:31 PM
I have been reading up on which set of balls to get for a while, and I am just about ready to buy a set of Aramith Super Pro Balls, due to playability, but I have always loved the Beautiful Elephant Balls on tv, and I was just wondering opinions on either? Are the Elephants as dense? Its not like they are a cheap ball, but I was kinda wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

Thanks!

Bob M

ThePoolHustler
02-11-2005, 09:34 PM
I don't like the look of the Elephant balls. I would go with the Aramith balls.

audiopro
02-11-2005, 09:37 PM
I do not have much experience with the Elephant balls, however I do own a set of Aramith Super Pro's. I would have to say I am totally satisfied with the Super Pro's. The only thing I wish I did have was a ball polisher.. :?

However, I think the difference in play between the two would be very minute. If you like the look of the Elephant balls, then get them...

DZ314
02-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Can't go wrong with either IMO. Go with the ones that are right for your tastes and budget.

bobmcq11
02-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Its just that supposedly there is even a big difference between the super pro and the premium aramith balls, and I was wondering which one the elephant was a closer match to.

audiopro
02-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Ahh... Yes...

There is a difference between the premiums and the super pros. I've had both. The premiums are good for your walmart type table. The pros are good for those of us serious about pool...

The Elephants are closer to the pros by far, than they are the premiums. They are a good set of balls, much like my own.. Oops.. Sorry... Couldn't resist... :)

jkregan
02-12-2005, 12:25 AM
The Super Aramith Pros are, hands down, the better balls.

I had the opportunity to poll some pros when they were in Tampa for a tournament last year when I was considering buying a set of balls for myself. My impetus was to have a set of balls that a pool room would have no question that the balls I was leaving with were definitely mine.

The pros told me that the Beautiful Balls are great to look at and hard to play with. The swirl in the color makes the edges hard to see in some shots.

When I consider something for practice I go for the most consistent conditions available. The Super Aramith Pro balls are the most consistent balls for my money.

skor
02-12-2005, 06:38 AM
I don't like the Elephant Balls either for the same reason that jkregan posted, a friend of mine has two sets of then (the old set and the much nicer newer set), he also has Aramith Super pro and a set of Brunswick Centennial balls, the Aramith and the Centennials are at the same level
but I like the looks of the Centennials better

spartan
02-12-2005, 10:28 AM
i would go with the centenialls

jkregan
02-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Both the Aramith balls and the Centennials are made by Sulac in Belgium.

bobmcq11
02-13-2005, 11:46 AM
Went with the Aramith Super Pros, love em, don't regret it a bit.

Thanks!

-Bob M.